• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera RIP Transparency Question.

dypinc

I can't seam to find the proper setting in Caldera 15 to be able to print this transparency fill properly without the fill printing solid. It will show the non solid fill on the screen but will not print that way.

Went back to our older ColorGate RIP that I decided not to upgrade and went with Caldera. I checked "Use blend color spaces from PDF" and it prints correctly, but I can not seam to find the equivalent setting in Caldera. Anybody know what setting that might be.

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 149
  • 49500f-MHSP-VinylCutoutDecal-NonDairyO-Med.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 88

RMarshall

I dont think its an issue with Caldera, I think its an issue with the file.
When I flattened the transparency in Acrobat it comes out with a solid background.
I opened the file in Illustrator I got a warning that there are CMYK as well as RGB elements.
There are also a ton of clipping masks and transparency effects...it could be that the transparency affects applied to the combination of RGB and CMYK elements is causing the issue.

Try this file – I opened it in Illustrator, flattened the transparency, expanded appearance, released all the clipping masks other than the final shape, and then saved that out as a PDF.

If you still have issues I would just rasterize it and place it back in Illustrator so you can add the cut lines.