• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caldera VisualRIP weird cutline placement

tedbragg

I use Caldera VR 8+ (stop laughing) and Optiscout 7. When running jobs with cutlines, Caldera saves out the OXF file to Opti, but it's always 0.08" to 0.1" off. This is no matter if I manually create the cutlines or if VR8 generates it.

Selecting the cutlines and scooching them over -0.08" does the trick to line them up. But I've been unable to find where in these programs where I can enter an offset to correct for this.
I've calibrated Opti with our Colex many times, and when importing PDFs with cutlines directly, there's no need to move the cutlines -- they're exactly where they should be.

So it's a Caldera thing, me thinks. Does ANYONE know how to adjust where the cutlines end up? The manual and online helps don't address this.

nsm

What happens when you output to another file format like dxf or PDF?
Ah, I see pdf works fine. I don't know optiscout too well but is there an offset on import OXF option. I know usually there are settings for each file format such as mirror or rotate as well as offset. For example if you are running a corrugated job you would want an offset when reading edges so as to not be cutting to edge of material.