• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Can you tell HP Flexi 21 to NOT print dielines?

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
Printer: HP Latex 315
Cutter: HP Latex 54 Plus Cutter
Software: HP Flexi 21 + Adobe Illustrator CC

We have a label with a custom die-cut line we want to kiss cut and then a second square dieline for a cut through. We have successfully created an Illustrator file with separate layers for Artwork and each die-line. We successfully setup a Print+Cut file to Production Manager BUT it prints the dielines.

If I set layer options in AI to not print the dielines, they don't appear in Flexi as a reference for creating contour/through cuts. If I set them back to print under layer options, they reappear but then I can't figure out how to tell Flexi to NOT print these lines.

I followed a PDF from Grimco tech which outlined how to set up dielines for Onyx (custom name die line colours, etc.) but they don't explain how to NOT print the lines. Can anyone provide help with this?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Attachments

• Cut Line Creation - Adobe Illustrator.pdf
    888 KB · Views: 109

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Flexi recognizes certain spot colors as different cut lines such as the CutContour spot color for kiss cutting. I took a look over the instructions you provided and it looks like they are just putting the perf cut line into another layer but not assigning a spot color to it. Since it's only in another layer and not designated as a spot color, Flexi just reads it as a normal line. Try making the perf cut line into a spot color named, "PerfCutContour". That should tell Flexi to designate it as a perf cut and not a printable line.

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! Your mention of Spot Colour made me go through the documentation again and I realized I hadn't actually converted either die-line colour to Spot. I also seemed to have to name the Perf line exactly as you suggested in order for it to be recognized. 'Cutthrough' was not picked up. Is there anywhere where these parameters are readily documented?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
No documentation that I know of but CutContour and PerfCutContour are somewhat universal between brands so Flexi has it built into the software. Other machine will add spot colors based on the band. Mimaki for example uses CutContourCut1 - Cut3 to pick different presets on the machine itself but it won't work with other brands.

islandwide

Premium Subscriber
No documentation that I know of but CutContour and PerfCutContour are somewhat universal between brands so Flexi has it built into the software. Other machine will add spot colors based on the band. Mimaki for example uses CutContourCut1 - Cut3 to pick different presets on the machine itself but it won't work with other brands.
OK, that's very helpful. I appreciate it.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
In Flexi:

For contouring and perf cutting, we convert both lines to Contour Cuts, then edit the perf cut line in the fill/stroke editor to fuchsia and customize the dashes and gaps. When you RIP and print, just make sure to tell Flexi to pause between colors so that you can change the knife setup - this varies widely on your cutter setup.

1630592550479.png
1630592648984.png