• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canon Arizona 550XT RMO problem

scotia290180

Hi All

I have a Canon Arizona 550XT with RMO and have a startup problem with the RMO failed to initialise at the software startup screen.
Restarted the machine many times and always says failed to initialise. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance
Scott

scotia290180

Do you have the connection between the printer and the RMO? Do you have the power in the RMO?
HI AlsEU

yes I have double checked all the connections and power cables all seems fine however there is no power to the RMO I don't think.

opened up the logs and there is an error Roll to Roll board check failed!

Thanks
Scott

AlsEU

RMO is powered by the 24V power supply straight from the AC Breakout. This is one of two connections (the other one is data transfer), so if you don't have the power at all, check the fuse in the AC Breakout first (fuse F6 rated 6.3 A with connector P516 is responsible for RMO), then check the power supply itself located under the right side cover of the RMO. Be very careful while working in the power box, as always while working with the power supply. Or ask an electrician, if you're not familiar with such problems and have no experience with the electricity.

scotia290180

RMO is powered by the 24V power supply straight from the AC Breakout. This is one of two connections (the other one is data transfer), so if you don't have the power at all, check the fuse in the AC Breakout first (fuse F6 rated 6.3 A with connector P516 is responsible for RMO), then check the power supply itself located under the right side cover of the RMO. Be very careful while working in the power box, as always while working with the power supply. Or ask an electrician, if you're not familiar with such problems and have no experience with the electricity.
Hi
thanks tried the attached but same result.
had an electrician look at it the last time he was in and he measured only 12v going to the RMO board is there anything else you could think of that I could try?

Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_2988.jpg
    IMG_2988.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 118
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 121

AlsEU

Are there any LED lit on the board in the RMO? Do you have 24V on the output of the power supply in RMO? Does the 24V power supply receive the power from the AC Breakout?

RMO has two points of connection with the printer - power and data transfer. If you have power, but there's no data transfer, there will be no initialization. If there's no power, the result is the same, but you should have some LEDs on inside the RMO. If you are sure that RMO gets proper voltage from the power supply, check the data connection - cable, connectors, boards etc. From the printer's side, you have Data Relay (a small card containing few Ethernet ports connected to the computer mainboard's PCI slot). RMO works on the connector J2. In the RMO you have an RMO Control card, where data flows via the J411 connector.

There's a third cable going into the RMO, but I doubt if it is its fault - connection to the security switch in the media access door.

Hi
thanks tried the attached but same result.
had an electrician look at it the last time he was in and he measured only 12v going to the RMO board is there anything else you could think of that I could try?

Thanks
Scott