• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Canva

JBurton

Signtologist
I got a PowerPoint slide with the doc pasted into it
This is, how the kids say, chef's kiss. Everybody go home, Guam just won all of the stanley cups.
F all of that and F HP, just another reason do drop their shit.
Coming soon, finance your new HP printer with 'Always On' technology. From day 1, HP and their newest AI overlord will take print orders from their webstore, and produce them with HP's network of financed 'Always On' printers after hours, available for pickup first thing next day. Any corrections or reprints will be handled at the host HP 'Always On' business, at no added cost to the customer!
Up next, financing the latest Parlor Walls with LG's 'Never Off' technology, hosting ad space in your living room...

gnubler

Check this out.

I pity the commercial print workers who have to process nothing but Canva crap day in and day out. They probably hold contests for "worst design of the day" and such.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Check this out.

Epson will be next. You all are digging your own grave buying from these companies and all the wholesalers. Good luck to anyone who agrees to be under HPs thumb while they continue to work on cutting you out of the picture altogether.

Gettin'By

I would hope that they are going for a two tiered approach. Keep Canva for amateurs to compete with other low cost online design options, and use Affinity to compete in the professional space. Tying them together in some way would allow users of both skill levels to collaborate on a project. Say the pro designer can log in from Affinity, and the customer with the cheap/Free Canva. The customer can just move a thing and pick a color, then describe the more challenging parts to the pro. Or something like that. I use Affinity for my side gig....I don't want to lose it.

WildWestDesigns

I would hope that they are going for a two tiered approach. Keep Canva for amateurs to compete with other low cost online design options, and use Affinity to compete in the professional space. Tying them together in some way would allow users of both skill levels to collaborate on a project. Say the pro designer can log in from Affinity, and the customer with the cheap/Free Canva. The customer can just move a thing and pick a color, then describe the more challenging parts to the pro. Or something like that. I use Affinity for my side gig....I don't want to lose it.
While they may, I doubt it. That would be doubling the efforts. They would have to keep both separate, they don't even live in the same space code wise. Even the download app is really nothing more than a webview based on what I saw. I would have to wonder if they do keep both around long term, I would bet Affinity goes full web and is no longer a native app. While I don't mind and have used browsers for UI on some of my apps, they still were local, I don't see any of that coming in the future for most commercial apps as it is (the joys of always thinking newer tech is the way forward).

I could easily see one gets parted out and eventually disappears (I saw nothing in their response that would give me confidence long term, unless I missed something in later responses, which is possible). Have to bare in mind there is a bigger customer pool going for the "normies" versus the pros (even some pros are just "normies" with bigger pocketbooks).

As to the hardware stuff out there, pucker up, it's going to get worse in that world as well (if one could even imagine that happening).