• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Carrier sheet to save cut strip?

mistwist

I just got a BN-20, love it, it is definitely a game changer! Unfortunately, most of our work right now are perf cuts and our cutter is on backorder. I don't want to ruin the cut strip n the BN-20 so I was wondering if I could make/buy a carrier sheet to use until our cutter comes in? Is it possible? if so, any suggestion on what I should use?

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Reduce your pressure when cutting.
If you are cutting into the strip you are cutting too deep.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've seen people use electrical tape to sort of resurface the strip. That might save it temporarily until your cutter comes in.

mistwist

I do lots of perf cutting and always have extra cutting strips on hand. Haven't found a way to save the cutting strips.
I was told by a friend at a sign shop in town yesterday that reflective vinyl can be used as well. I am intrigued, but still leery of trying it, the machine is only 8 days old(to the pint I haven't done a single perf cut n it yet)...LOL