• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cascade Laminators - Willamette 63

Clamwacker

Our little shop recently got a great deal on this cold laminator. It has two tension knobs and a take-up system. The only problem is that it is apparently only known by one store on the entire planet -- Pacific Coast Sign Supply in Portland, OR. The gentleman who sold it to us said he bought it from them but never really used it.

However, he didn't have a manual. This thing is rather difficult to setup because of the two pressure knobs, and to top it off it doesn't seem like the footswitch does anything.

Has anybody heard of this brand/model of laminator, and if so, do you know where I might be able to find a digital copy of the manual? We had perfect timing, all of the techs at Pacific Coast are out for the rest of the week on a wrap class, and the owner is with them as well. D'oh!

:thankyou: in advance for any info you might have :)

Flame

Just another re-branded run of the mill laminator, probably the same as like the Ding Tecs etc. What do you want to know? To set the pressure, try loosening the knobs all the way, and then tighten until you feel pressure, then stop. To make the foot pump work, try pushing or pulling out with the manual handle on the side of the laminator, until you hear a *click*

gabagoo

My first laminator had the 2 pressure knobs and it basically sat and collected dust as just about everything I did went horribly.

Hopefully you will get the hang of it. I have no patience so I bought a new one with a single pressure knob and use it daily and never really have any real problems

Clamwacker

Some success -- I found a picture of the same exact laminator and traced it back. Evidently it is manufactured by a company called "Befitter" in China. Now to see if I can come up with a manual.

The model name is BFT-1600CJ. Still no luck finding a PDF of the manual or anything, though.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Heh.... in actual Chinese or Engrish? Someone here might be able to translate it as well.

RogueRoller

The owner of pacific coat is a stand up gentlemen and I'm sure he would send you info on your laminator. He is also a vendor here on Signs 101.
Have you tried to send him a PM