• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Casmate Help

mpcawards

Hi all,
I am using Casmate to produce engraved logos. The program has been working fine now I am getting an error message that it cannot continue? Any ideas on what to do? It fails when I go to Hatch Fill an object.
Thanks!
Sue
MPC Awards:banghead:

mpcawards

it is actually a circle with an arrow through it. Simple black. Not fancy by any means. Frustrating but not fancy. I attempted another logo a few mins ago that we have run for a few years. The same error message came up.

CS-SignSupply

Close the program and search the system for this file, casmate.ini

Delete it and reboot the computer

This works very similar to clearing preferences in othe programs.

J Hill Designs

makes no sense to me, but this is off the scanvec knowledge base...

My CasMate 6.52 continually crashes.
In Casmate 6.52, if the program keeps crashing, send the OWL.DLL, and BC30RT.DLL files from your own folder. This has worked for several customers. But is not a guaranteed fix.

mpcawards

Send them? Do you mean to say delete them? I'm not a beginner at computers but this antique of a program has me pulling my hair out!

J Hill Designs

like I said, makes no sense to me - was copied off the knowledge base

might try copying them to a different folder and then deleting...you can always just copy back if it messes up...

I personally would just try uninstall/reinstall

mpcawards

Thanks for all the help everyone. I think the program just finally decided it is time to retire. So any suggestions for a new one that will ease us into it by already knowing Casmate would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
Sue

CS-SignSupply

Going to be expensive unless you find an older version but upgrades are available to the FlexiSign product line.

Plus, Flexi will import Casmate files where many other programs will not.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

round man

Both flexi-sign and signlab version 7 will import scv files which are generated by casmate. both pieces of software will run on windows seven machines,...

RMXGRAPHIX

it been a while..... but some where in the program the cache is full and if i remember right all I had to do is re- name the temp file where it stores it ... I still have the program on an old laptop ill check if you are still having problems ......... just let me know if you have it fixed yet