• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cast Arlon Vinyl Prints

SW101

Hey Guys,

Question for you all. I have a small sign shop in WV and have an in-house cutter but have always outsourced my prints mainly due to space restrictions at my location.

I have a wholesale supplier for my intermediate vinyl prints but not for my cast stuff. (if you know of anybody please let me know) I prefer Oracal vinyl both intermediate and cast for my cut decal signs. More and more my need for cast prints is increasing as I do more long-term outdoor signs with multi-colored designs on them.

The obvious thing here is that I need a printer, I know this. However, at the current moment, I have a sign project that I need cast prints for and I spoke with the local Fast Signs in our area about cutting the cast vinyl that I need and they said they use Arlon vinyl and laminate for their cast stuff.

I have no experience with Arlon and was wanting to know if this would be a bad idea to use for long-term signage compared to 3m or Oracal cast digital media? I know they have been around for a while but I don't know how Arlon ranks in the vinyl world and I know even less about their cast vinyl. I will be burying the whole sign in high solids automotive clear coat as well if this makes any difference to anyone.

Does anyone have any long-term experience with digital prints using Arlon media? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Arlon wrap vinyl needs to be post heated once applied. We are not installers so unsure of what it entails...but Glantz as a vendor recommends this as well. We supply our clients with Avery, Briteline Wrapcast or 3m sometimes.

SW101

This isn't for a wrap, it is a sign design I am creating and putting on ACM. Thanks for the response though!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I wouldn't worry to much about it then. Go with whatever cast you have available to you if that's the route. Otherwise, IJ35 or Avery 2923 with a good lam for flat surfaces is always a great choice.

SW101

I wouldn't worry to much about it then. Go with whatever cast you have available to you if that's the route. Otherwise, IJ35 or Avery 2923 with a good lam for flat surfaces is always a great choice.
I just checked out your website. Is this a print you all could do for me on a decent vinyl with a good laminate? I would be happy to work with you all if so!