• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question CG-160FXII trouble plotting reflective on long runs

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We're using a Mimaki CG-160FXII trying to plot a 52in x 140in run of printed and laminated reflective vinyl. Line up the reg marks using the cutting blade as a guide to get as accurate as possible.The material walks enough to completely miss the second reading. Cleaned the pinch rollers, all 4 rollers at "strong" setting, outers at strong and inner to weak. Doesn't matter, nothing works. I try to manually tweak the vinyl so it tracks nearly perfect and successfully reads all marks but cut is off. Any suggestions?

letterman7

Not being familiar with that plotter, I suspect that the weight of the vinyl is pulling it one way or another. I'd put all the rollers to "strong" (or whatever), and try to have the vinyl enter and exit as flat as possible to the cutting surface. Can you rig a temporary "table" on the feed side and the output side? I'm assuming that there is a material roller on the input side..

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Thanks. We did try all rollers at the strong setting. We had the media on a roll on input but now trying to baby it in and out. Cleaned the camera eye that reads but still no help. Now reads the first 3 reg marks then appears to read the last one but errors out once it gets back to home.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Finally got it! Not really sure what the fix was though. One pinch roller was a little close to a reg mark. Adjusted first read was good but failed after second read. Align a few more times and finally took. Hmm 10 minutes before closing and customer (sheriff dept) is picking up in the morning. Looks like a late one. Well, for the install guy, I'm outta here.lol