• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing color profile on Mimaki TS300p-1800

Hey there, I have a Mimaki TS300p-1800 setup to print SB411 inks. Dye Sublimation, anyhow the printer is setup with 6 colors of ink, even though it has 8 slots. The first two are Magenta, next two are Blue, then Yellow, Black. Light Blue and Light Magenta.
What i'd like to do is have the duplicate Magenta and Blue removed and instead use the fluorescent yellow and fluorescent pink.
My question, how do I go about this? I know i'll need to flush the lines, but after that I have no idea.

FrankW

You need to change the ink tube configuration. In the installation guide (if you don´t have yours anymore, you can download it from the internet) you will find the different color modes and how to change the tubing. The printer is prepared for your preferred ink configuration, you just need to remove tube joints and set caps.

Thanks! yeah thats right i do recall there being a tube bridge on the first group and second group. As far as the software, do i just insert the new chip and it automatically does its own thing or does there need to be a firmware update?

FrankW

If you want to use the configuration you mentioned, you need to remove any tube bridge and close the connectors with a special cap (as far as I remember, please check). I think they should be in the accessories box.

Not shure about the color mode settings, how to change it, or if mimaki supports the change of the colors later.

FrankW

I have checked some documents, and it could really be that a switch of the color modes is not easily possible (just with changing the ink chips). Sorry (not shure).

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with FrankW, also, I have a customer who uses florescent inks just like you are describing in a JV33 and he got his profiles from the ink manufacturer.

Well, I've gotten the tube bridges removed and the caps put on the respective lines.
In the printer's menu and in Rasterlink properties I dont see any options for changing to the updated inks. I ordered them and they have not yet arrived. my local tech is very difficult to communicate with.

Any suggestions on flushing the lines and heads?
My thoughts... removing both blues inks while the printer still is configured for a dual setup. on the 2nd blue slot which will be the one i want to replace I will take an empty ink cartridge and fill it up with flushing liquid. My plan is to create a blue jpeg and print 10 yards at a time of solid blue until there is no more blue coming through the print head.

Thoughts on this plan. And I would repeat for the Magenta side as well.

And as far as firmware/software i'm all ears also.
Thanks!