• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Channel Letter help for assembly.

craigwojo

I posted same post in newbies forum. I didn't realize there was a channel letter forum.

I need to find a cheap reliable way to join the channel letter signs to the backing of the letters. Ive seen videos with people just using a air type gun to connect the two. I understand the clinching method bu do not have the starting up resources to spend $5000+ for a clincher.

Responses are always appreciated.

Thank you and God bless,
Craig

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I posted same post in newbies forum. I didn't realize there was a channel letter forum.

I need to find a cheap reliable way to join the channel letter signs to the backing of the letters. Ive seen videos with people just using a air type gun to connect the two. I understand the clinching method bu do not have the starting up resources to spend $5000+ for a clincher.

Responses are always appreciated.

Thank you and God bless,
Craig

What you're referring to as 'channel letter signs' are called 'returns' and 'backing of the letters' are called 'backs'. Not trying to be a jerk. It's Signs 101...if you're going to be manufacturing them, might as well know the industry terms.

Pop riveting or stapling are going to be your best bet.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
That's my concern as well.

I'm baffled by some of the posts on the forum.

You're making channel letters, but don't know the terminology let alone the very basics of how to build them.

Do you know how to attach them to the wall so they don't fall and hurt/kill someone? Are you licensed to build/install electrical signs? Insured?