• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap media for tryi g out cut designs

Ooxablon

Hi,

I used to make designs and cut them on a cricut. Whenever I was trying to get the cutout perfectly designed(holes in the right place) i always experimented on some cheap paper.
Now i m expecting a new roland bn2 and im not sure how to handle this. Seems like a waste to use expensive vynil to try some cuts? Can i use paper or something else?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
The BN feeds material like a standard cutter, so no, paper is not a good option for trying to cut. If you damage the cutting strip, nothing will cut right, and you'll just throw $10-20 away on a new strip. Sometimes ya' gotta bite the bullet and waste a little material to get a machine set up, and sometimes more getting cut pressures, speed, etc for different materials dialed in. We all do it, it's part of the process.

Ooxablon

The BN feeds material like a standard cutter, so no, paper is not a good option for trying to cut. If you damage the cutting strip, nothing will cut right, and you'll just throw $10-20 away on a new strip. Sometimes ya' gotta bite the bullet and waste a little material to get a machine set up, and sometimes more getting cut pressures, speed, etc for different materials dialed in. We all do it, it's part of the process.
Thx!!