• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Checking your ink status - Onyx Production House 7.2.3

speedmedia

Anyone know how to check how much ink you have in Onyx? I know my printer has a deal on the screen but it would be nice to know in the RIP software how much ink each cartridge has in it at any given time.

Thanks,
Kurt

We are using Onyx X10, not sure where it would tell you, if it tells you.

Come to think of it, I have been using Onyx for a few years now and don't remember seeing it anywhere....... maybe it doesn't.
I know Onyx will tell you how much ink you will use to print the job, but I have never saw my ink levels in the software.
Someone will chime in.

Case

There is a little i in a cloud next to the online/offline button.........Up top in on the right when you have have your printer highlighted...

Sometimes it does not update until you restart the software for the correct ink levels...

I would not trust it all the time and for some printers it does not work...

Works for a great deal of them...

I trust the levels moreso on the printer itself though...

If you restart Onyx and hit File restart to reinitialize the printer it will update the ink levels after you have printed a job, doesn't always update itself through the printing process...

Case