• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chevrolet tailgate inlay

biggmann

We have a customer that wants the CHEVROLET inlay on their tailgate but it is taking too long to cut a letter come back and adjust the artwork cut again, does anyone have this pattern done they would like to share?

2B

can you charcoal / pencil trace the letters and then recreate them digitally?
what about laying knifeless tape and then cut to shape.

you can also mask it off and then spray plasti-dip in the letters

Alysson

Take a photo dead square on to each letter. Then trace on your design software. I have done this and it was minimal retouching.

KGraphics

I also have a customer asking for this. I appreciate that they want to shop small, and advised him to do Amazon instead, but he really wants to use a local business. Since this thread is a few years old I thought I'd check to see if anyone does have a template that they wouldn't mind sharing?

brdesign

I have made templates for these in the past by applying transfer tape to the indented logo and trace the letters with a sharpie. Then pull the tape off and scan the letters to recreate in illustrator. Now it's much easier to just buy the decal kit online and charge the customer for installation. But even then these types of jobs take away too much time from the more profitable jobs.

kheebl

If you still need the file PM me. I see this is a old thread tho, so i'm guessing you got it figured out.

ProSignTN

So buy it on Amazon, (which is probably is small guy who specializes in this sort of thing) and sell it with a markup.

I worked for a great salesman years ago (Mobile Homes), and first an foremost, qualify the customer. If he's not smart enough to buy it online, help him out.