• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Christmas gift

mikey-Oh

for a shade tree mechanic. some dude who loves working in his garage. wifey thought a sign would be perfect, for her big daddy.

thanks for looking,
mOh!!

picture.php

mikey-Oh

bump

hmm works here, let's see if this works

Attachments

• big daddys garage.jpg
    big daddys garage.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

jiarby

The flag handles/poles start out white at the top above the logo, but below it they are just black rectangles... AND there is transparency in the checker flags that allows you to see the sign frame behind it. I would expect the flag to be solid and obscure the frame behind it. THEN you can add your grunge mask but to the TOP later, not as a subtractive/transparency filter.

Otherwise it looks great and I am sure he will never notice the flag thing.

mikey-Oh

The flag handles/poles start out white at the top above the logo, but below it they are just black rectangles... AND there is transparency in the checker flags that allows you to see the sign frame behind it. I would expect the flag to be solid and obscure the frame behind it. THEN you can add your grunge mask but to the TOP later, not as a subtractive/transparency filter.

you are correct sir, some reason i made all the objects an overlay over the background. the correct way, would be as you describe, with the texture over the flag / frame elements and text on top.

thanks!