• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJ 500 Conversion Question

oliver5528

I have a CJ500 that I really like. I am at the point where I need to order a set of ink and need to order some media. Im thinking that I would be better off to convert to solvent inks. I have had some issues with waterbased injet materials lately, and getting tired of the limited materials. Is there anyone, that has converted thier CJ500, that could help me with my choice, and fill me in on any problems to watch out for?

Headhunterx

I have a CJ500 that I really like. I am at the point where I need to order a set of ink and need to order some media. Im thinking that I would be better off to convert to solvent inks. I have had some issues with waterbased injet materials lately, and getting tired of the limited materials. Is there anyone, that has converted thier CJ500, that could help me with my choice, and fill me in on any problems to watch out for?

Check this out:

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28242

Richard

Headhunterx

Everything with the conversion is ok but I have a motherboard problem now and I hope to have that repaired by the end of the week as soon as the parts come in.

Richard

D

DARLAK

i've done it to three machines, but not like headhunter did.

same concept.

just be careful about the FJ or CJ you get, I had one last only 6 months and the bearings fell out of the head assembly. cheaper to convert another one. roland wouldn't sell just the bearing cartridge...

D

DARLAK

it's about $150 over what i get all those parts for, BUT i get them from different sources, some from china, so it's a good start. considering shipping from china's expensive...

slimlin

Hi

I am on my second CJ 500 converted to ECO SOL MAX, and i never had ANY heaters installed, and so far never missed it too. That you NEED one is only a matter of opinion, or if your are doing a lot of unattended/night printing/big jobs. And the "sticking" issue isent that big a problem either, if you got a big floor, because of the fact that its truely a slow printer. But i love mine anyway.

The set on EBAY is just the right thing for you, if you want to do it.

Its the last real metal printer, you can bang on the hood and say "good job, without being afraid to destroy someting.

Good luck with the project

Jakob

D

DARLAK

no heat??

unless your room temp is 100 F i don't get how your ink isn't running all over the place...

oliver5528

can you guys tell me anything about the profiles? I have flexi 8.1 and what would i do about the profiles? What brand of inks are you using?