• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30 profile to walltex

wroots

Hi guys,

I have a CJV30-160 - 6Colors.
I was trying to print in walltex (fabric with glue) and big black area after dry became grey, some areas more clear, others more darker.
I find out here the profiles for JV 33. I don't find them to CJV30.
Using some information in there i try to use the temp 50º|50º|45º (i use ºC not ºF) but give me the same result, bad black image that go to grey after some minutes.

Anyone have an idea what is the problem or if someone use can tell me what is the ºs used, resolution, pass's or other definitions.

Best Regards,
Wroots

COREYAARON

Hey mate,

I have a prototype mimaki printer/cutter that isnt on the market yet, it's similar to yours except a bit larger. couple of q's. "Walltex"? fabric, yes, but what is it used for, wallpaper or maybe banners? Is is like a vinyl? 2nd q. what kind of ink are using? eco, hs, ss21?

Let me know, Corey Aaron

wroots

Hey mate,

I have a prototype mimaki printer/cutter that isnt on the market yet, it's similar to yours except a bit larger. couple of q's. "Walltex"? fabric, yes, but what is it used for, wallpaper or maybe banners? Is is like a vinyl? 2nd q. what kind of ink are using? eco, hs, ss21?

Let me know, Corey Aaron

Hi Corey,

Tks for your replay.
We use SS21 inks. We are going to use as wallpaper. The texture is same as fabric but have glue in back side.

COREYAARON

Assuming you are using Rasterlink, I have 38 profiles for SS21 6 color setup. You are on the right track looking at a JV33 due to the fact they have the exact same head. My experience with vinyl and banner material tell me your temp setttings in the order you have listed (pre, print, post) is pretty warm considering it is in celsius. Is your material waving during printing? Are you noticing any headstrikes? If not great. Have your profiled the ink/media? what dpi are you running? how many passes? If you could let me know please do, maybe i could help.

wroots

Assuming you are using Rasterlink, I have 38 profiles for SS21 6 color setup. You are on the right track looking at a JV33 due to the fact they have the exact same head. My experience with vinyl and banner material tell me your temp settings in the order you have listed (pre, print, post) is pretty warm considering it is in celsius. Is your material waving during printing? Are you noticing any head strikes? If not great. Have your profiled the ink/media? what dpi are you running? how many passes? If you could let me know please do, maybe i could help.

Yes, i use Rasterlink.
The material don't wave. No head strikes notice, all seems to much perfect.
I don't have a profile because i don't find out this profiles in my profile list.
The print is in 150dpi, 720 x 1440.
Everyone say that usual that ink are absorbed by the media, worst in fabric. But if the quality is bad is not usual.

Regards,
WRoots

subgraphics

Did you try in the color correction of the rasterlink to put "k Pure"?
I had the same problem (With dye sub inks) and this was the solution.
When you print black ink, it forms from every color CMYK, with this correction (K pure) all blacks colors (include gray) in vector files print only from black ink, not from every color.
Try it, maybe work for you.

Matt-Tastic

Another idea is to run an overprint. if your material is absorbing the ink, runnign a second overprint pass will put down twice as much ink and will saturate the textile (hopefully)

another option is to try a different profile that lays down more ink. a backlit material or IJ180 profile will put down a good bit of ink typically, and you may get better results.

getting a profile designed for rasterlink, a CJV30 and your material would be the best route, but you can also adjust ink limits and the like in rasterlink, but it may not work out best the first time you try. freely adjusting limits can lead to negative results, wasting time and media.