• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Coating Wraps

EbsWeb5150

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I heard of people
clear coating over there vehicle wrap designs. To me if you ever need to replace a panel, the design is pretty mush set in stone, and your setting yourself up for more aggravation down the line.

This leads me to my next question A SEAL Laminator would be my first choice if I had the money but what other laminators would compliment the ROLAND VP-540

jay*doc

Personally, I think it is a bad idea. I've done it before on the very first 2 wraps because I though I could get away with it, some of the clear flaked off on one job, and the other did not have the UV protection I would expect, (green turned Baby Blue rather fast on full solvent print).

As far as other laminators, if you have the means, go for the seal. You won't be disappoint. (yes, like Borat would say)

DGDesigns

I also love the SEAL brand, but I am getting an Emseal brand made in Australia. I wasn't impressed with the China made crap even though I know a lot of shops are using them. I come from a machinist background and I like tools that are well built; Emseal seems to fit my budget and expectations for quality. I am using it with a Roland SP540i.

speedmedia

The only time I clear coated graphics with liquid to go on a vehicle was for short term box trucks.

I would suggest against it. Having lam on your prints makes the install easier as well vs. app tape.

Get the laminator. A Royal Soverign might work for you as well. Good laminator but a bit cheaper around 5-6 grand.

Thanks,
Kurt