• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clear glue for push throughs

Alan Foster

Sign Maker
hello can anyone recommend a glue, for fastening push throughs in opal to an opal back when filling letters in on a cnc cut tray, we keep getting dark spots or when using tape it can be seen from the front when illuminated. i thought about just using dichloromethan which we use to stick acrylic locators on but not sure wheter it would work.

tia
Alan

MikePro

we don't glue acrylic into sign faces, we push it through. machine your Acrylic like a top-hat, with a ledge around the perimeter that keeps it from falling-out the face of the sign. secure from the backside with hidden fasteners/adhesive.

Alan Foster

Sign Maker
thanks Mike for the reply, but i doubt we could do that with our laser cutter, and our cnc mahine is a hobby one and doesnt like rebating at the best of times, i was just looking to a solution with a glue where i could drop in acrylic pieces

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Try Lexel on a test piece. It dries crystal clear but kind of 'etches' into acrylic, so that may not give you the result you're looking for.

rjssigns

Check with these folks: https://weldon.com

Way back when I was working with acrylic I used their products. Mostly used the type that was like water and got applied with a syringe. Near instant bond and it wasn't coming apart.