• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear 'granules' between in adhesive layer of Lintec

smholm22

Some of our team is on site to install hundreds of sheets of UV printed Lintec onto glass, and they found that almost every single piece of Lintec has what they describe as 'clear granules' in the adhesive layer, between the backer and the material. They're practically invisible when viewed from the material side, but detectable when viewed from the backer side, and they're very easy to feel after you've peeled the backer and wetted the adhesive and run your hand over it. They describe it as feeling like grains of sand, but they're clear. Once applied to the glass, the granules create a texture that is visible in the light making them unusable. We've been printing on Lintec regularly for years and have never seen anything like this--has anyone ever experienced this or anything similar?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Interesting. I don't have an answer for you, but curious if you have reached out to Lintec? I'd be curious what they would say.