• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CM S/C INK ERR on 1324x

TMAhoia

In need of some help.....Had a base fuse error message, changes out the Cr Board, same message. Changed out print heard and now new error message says CM S/C INK Err ....what could this possibly mean?

TMAhoia

Update: Fixed the problem; Now when printing it prints no ink , nada! its just blank but machine is working just fine. I notice when we cleaned it several times I dont see the ink pumping through tubes at all. What could this possibly mean?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That means the Cyan and Magenta Cartridges aren't reading properly. Try reseating the cartridges first. Sometimes the cards are just misaligned.

TMAhoia

That means the Cyan and Magenta Cartridges aren't reading properly. Try reseating the cartridges first. Sometimes the cards are just misaligned.
okay yes that is done but now it prints nothing at all. No inks are coming through....tried cleaning several times but no luck......wondering what it may be now?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
okay yes that is done but now it prints nothing at all. No inks are coming through....tried cleaning several times but no luck......wondering what it may be now?
You most likely popped a fuse on the main board. It's a tiny ceramic fuse that is located on the corner of the board right by the large black heatsink. I believe it's labeled F2 or F3. If you know how to test fuses, you can test it first but it's almost always the fuse when the head goes through the motions but doesn't fire.

TMAhoia

Thanks I will check mainboard fuses again. I replaced the F2 right before I changed out my printhead as the old printhead was blowing the same fuse out.

TMAhoia

Checked all fuses on the mainboard. And all are working fine. Wondering if I should do a flush on the nozzles? My printer had been sitting for almost 2 years before we finally was able to get the parts we needed especially all the research and time to see how we would fix it.....we live in the islands so its very hard here to find a tech that can repair this. After changing the printhead all is well and display is saying "READY TO PRINT" just need to get these inks running again.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you see ink in the ink lines above the dampers? Does ink flow into the waste tank when running cleanings?

TMAhoia

Yes and yes.....but still nothing is printed on the media? Wondering if whatever is suppose to communicate to the printhead to print is not working? maybe the head cables?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unfortunately, if the fuses are good, this usually means the head is fried. Did you check the fuse on the CR board as well. It's the board the other end of the head cables plugs into. Normally cables don't cause the head to not fire at all. If the cables are bad you usually either get a head heat error, head cable error, or the fuse just keeps popping.

TMAhoia

ahhhh I see! curious, how would the printhead get fried?Wondering if when we replaced it we might have missed something and it got fried.
I just brought a new printhead almost $3000 and the dampers at $140 each. :eek:
I wish I came upon solvent ink before that as I see printhead comes with free dampers and wiper not to mention a $1000 less than sign warehouse. ugh!

TMAhoia

im wondering if it fried because we did not change out the original head cables with new ones? Someone mentioned after we changed out printhead to always change out dampers, cap top, and head cables when replacing with new printhead ......

TMAhoia

at one point after we replaced the printhead my husband noticed he did not insert the old head cables back in properly so the pins were like so close together. he fixed it and then printer was working properly after that but just not shooting ink out from printhead......also we noticed the fans are not running as usual.... it does come on but he feels that its not working properly.

TMAhoia

Unfortunately, if the fuses are good, this usually means the head is fried. Did you check the fuse on the CR board as well. It's the board the other end of the head cables plugs into. Normally cables don't cause the head to not fire at all. If the cables are bad you usually either get a head heat error, head cable error, or the fuse just keeps popping.
If the head is fried, will the printer give an error?