• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Code 63:05

wyatt2001

Hello to all. I’m new to the printing business. I have been an installer for 25 years. I just bought an HP560 Latex printer. I also purchased the Onyx Thrive suite of software. I purchased locally in the DFW area and am a little disappointed in my service thus far. I am trying to print a couple of jobs that are 3 -4 Panels each. When I print single panel jobs everything is ok. What is happening is I get the 63:05 code at the very end of the first panel at about 99% of it. Same spot every time. I am hard wired in and have never had any problems with my network. Onyx updated everything they could and said it’s on the printer side. I even updated the firmware manually, the rep didn’t even look for one or know about it. I do have an HP tech coming on Monday to hopefully get this figured out. I have wasted a lot of ink and material trying to figure this out. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m a first timer here and searched before I posted and couldn’t find anything referencing the 63:05 code.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclebun

That error code means the job was cancelled by the printer for lack of data. There can be a lot of reasons for it, but generally they come down to either network speed or component faults, such as network adapter in the computer or the switch/router or cabling, or an error in the RIP software. Several of the solutions I found by googling it came from this forum back in 2012 and 2013. Check the error log of your RIP to see if you can tell what happened. Some suggestions I've seen included making sure the whole job was RIPped before starting to print. I use Onyx and we can't even start the print until the RIP is finished, so that's probably not it for you.

One thing that might help is to change the setting in Onyx so that it prints each panel manually, rather than automatically.

wyatt2001

I’m betting it’s a network error somewhere on my end. Onyx thinks the job is still printing. Thank you for the input. I feel like I’m just burning money at the moment.

wyatt2001

It’s not isolated. I tried to connect directly but I could not get Onyx to find it. I didn’t try DHCP. The HP tech is coming Monday to look at a different issue I am having with the printer and hopefully he can help me diagnose my connection error. There are two switches it runs to after the router. I’ll post back if problem was resolved. Thanks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Try to have the computer on the same switch as the printer. You can directly wire it by manually setting the IP addresses for both the computer and the printer with the computer being the DNS host and gateway

darrellcarpenay

This error plagued me through a very lengthy job and caused me to have many failed prints before I could figure the issue out.

For me, because I was using a laptop without an ethernet port, and was using an ethernet to USB-C adapter, that connector was the issue. It was too slow, so I upgraded. Let me just post the reply I posted on the HP website:

Update on Error 63:05 Latex Printer 300 Series (HP 365) printer error failed to communicate with printer. After a lot of testing and failures, I changed the Ethernet-USB-C adapter I was using to Anker USB C Hub, PowerExpand 6-in-1 USB C PD Ethernet Hub with 65W Power Delivery, since I'm not using direct printer to computer connection (because my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port).

I also upgraded my ethernet cable to CAT-8. This may not have been necessary but I did it anyway.

So far, I've run numerous long prints without issues when before I was having this error every day. I believe it most likely was due to a slower ethernet-usb adapter that couldn't handle the data transfer.

My advice is to use a direct ethernet-ethernet connection OR if you already have a computer without ethernet port, use the fastest possible adapter and fastest ethernet cable you can find.

Of course, it could be for other reasons - perhaps the computer you're using is too slow, or the software settings need adjusting. Try the process of elimination until you find the problem.

For more useful info on this: https://lkc.hp.com/forum/solutions/error-6305-job-cancelled-for-lack-of-data