• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colex SXC1732 vs Esko X24

bigben

I'm doing my homework to buy our first flatbed cutting machine. Right now we are between the Colex SXC1732 and the Esko X24. We will mostly use it to cut rolled material like vinyl but will start to do dimensional sign in-house instead of sub it out. For the cutting we will mostly do 1/2 thick acrylic and 3mm dibond. That been said, on paper they seems to be pretty similar but I would like to have feedback of real world users.

Thanks.

LarryB

I have had a Kongsberg X24 since December and love it. Use it for everything to cut rolls of banners and decals along with router cutting. Make sure to get the heavy duty spindle if you do a lot of router cutting.

bigben

I have had a Kongsberg X24 since December and love it. Use it for everything to cut rolls of banners and decals along with router cutting. Make sure to get the heavy duty spindle if you do a lot of router cutting.
And what make you choose this machine over any other brand/model?

LarryB

I upgraded from a Multicam 3000 router and needed something with faster soft cutting and roll capability. I looked at the Kongsberg X24 and a Zund and picked the Kongsberg as it was significantly cheaper and felt the quality is just as good. My personal opinion is the X24 is a step above Colex. Just my opinion as I've seen people who love the Colex's.

There are some good YouTube videos on the X24. One is from Grimco which is about an hour long and it goes into detail cutting all the different materials. I would talk to your rep for both cutters and go see them at a customer's location. Also PrintUnited is coming up in Las Vegas

JstevensonPrints

Printing dreams one day at a time
There are many other options, check out the folks at Cutworx in Texas, they have thousands of machines in the field and the machine is great.

bigben

There are many other options, check out the folks at Cutworx in Texas, they have thousands of machines in the field and the machine is great.
I'm located in Canada. I want to deal with a company that will have a local technical service with a good reputation in case of a problem.

Zse444

Zsolt
I upgraded from a Multicam 3000 router and needed something with faster soft cutting and roll capability. I looked at the Kongsberg X24 and a Zund and picked the Kongsberg as it was significantly cheaper and felt the quality is just as good. My personal opinion is the X24 is a step above Colex. Just my opinion as I've seen people who love the Colex's.

There are some good YouTube videos on the X24. One is from Grimco which is about an hour long and it goes into detail cutting all the different materials. I would talk to your rep for both cutters and go see them at a customer's location. Also PrintUnited is coming up in Las Vegas
Hi! Check the maximum speed and spindle power! We have one X44, in the technical spec was the maximum speed 50m/min. and 3 kW spindle power. The fact is, that the machine achieve the 50 m/min only diagonal (4 directions) when the X and Y motor goes together with their ~30-30 m/min speed. And the spindle S1 power is only 2 kW. They are lying! Please check yours! Zsolt

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
As a former FSE and person extremely familiar with cutting tables world I have to tell you something - Kongsberg is as simple as the best option ever.
Both mechanically and software wise - robust, reliable, versatile and easy to operate. Neither Zund nor Summa can get to the same level of being user- and service- friendly at the same time, not mentioning any chinese and another manufactures.

Zse444

Zsolt
Hello, I posted my first thread with my experience. If you interested, you have Kongsberg/Esko machine or you want to buy read, and ask If you have a questions:

Kongsberg/Esko cutter bad experience, speed and power problems, technical issues​