• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color shift on Grey pressed Apparel?

benski

Im stumped if anybody can help.
Just printed and pressed 50 hockey jerseys and on some panels my grey is slightly pinkish. It does not match. The printer is not laying down the same ink all the time? Impossible to tell by looking at the print its self prior to pressing as it all looks the same. All the files were exported as JPEG with embeded icc profile. All the greys are of same CMYK value.
Using KIIAN ink, same paper, same heat and time settings. Printed on Mutoh 1304. Nozzle check was perfect.

I double checked all my files in wasatch softrip and all my output CMYK values are the same. Have my own ICC file made up, but it was made up using an RJ900x printer. Ive been using this icc profile on my 1304 as it has been working great on other colors. Some of the files were not all printed on the same day...maybe thats my problem? My dampers are less than a year old. If anybody has any ideas.

Andy D

My 1st guess is you're dropping nozzles in another color.

You will want to print a few at a time and do nozzle test print between prints.

Greys, in my experience, are much harder to keep consistent than other colors.
I find it helps to set the greys up manually with mostly black and the C,M.Y in lower numbers, such as:
C5 M5 Y5 K45, the CMY just to keep the grey from being grainy, but not allowing much of a color shift

benski

My 1st guess is you're dropping nozzles in another color.

You will want to print a few at a time and do nozzle test print between prints.

Greys, in my experience, are much harder to keep consistent than other colors.
I find it helps to set the greys up manually with mostly black and the C,M.Y in lower numbers, such as:
C5 M5 Y5 K45, the CMY just to keep the grey from being grainy, but not allowing much of a color shift
I think you’re right! I was thinking that too, dropping colors. My rj900 was notorious for that too. I will try lowering my cmy values. Thanks appreciate it!!