• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorado 1650 poor black color

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Is the black consistent? You can get issues laying down too much ink.

Other than that, the blacks we get are great so the blacks on your other printer must be tremendous!

Zhivko Yanakiev

Is the black consistent? You can get issues laying down too much ink.

Other than that, the blacks we get are great so the blacks on your other printer must be tremendous!
Yes it is, as much as it can be from this printer :) but is not dense enough and really far from rich black. We spent months on that issue, together with our ink/machine supplier and the conclusion is that this is what the machine can deliver as black color so far, with these inks.

Zhivko Yanakiev

can you show us a photo of the issue?
Same file with the corresponding media profiles for each printer - Colorado 1650 on the left, Latex 560 on the right. The foil is Avery MPI 2800.

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_1515421.jpg
    IMG_20210615_1515421.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 311

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
can't say mine does that. there's an issue for sure.

how dark is it compared to the print quality test off the printer?

If you turn "all icc profiles OFF" does it do it?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Same file with the corresponding media profiles for each printer - Colorado 1650 on the left, Latex 560 on the right. The foil is Avery MPI 2800.

Are you sure there’s nothing wrong with the printer? Heads? That looks like you’ve run it on speciality judging by the pass size and I can still see slight banding. I’ve never had banding on specialty on the 1650 or the 1640. Get much better blacks too lol

Zhivko Yanakiev

Are you sure there’s nothing wrong with the printer? Heads? That looks like you’ve run it on speciality judging by the pass size and I can still see slight banding. I’ve never had banding on specialty on the 1650 or the 1640. Get much better blacks too lol
The printer is fine :) A couple of days before that picture was taken we left the printer to work after we left. So... paper crash... printheads over the platen all the night... many missing nozzels on the next day, but now it's fine. I mean that the black is the same shit with or without the banding from the pic :)