• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

colorspan 72sr

dajama2k

i purchased a used 72sr and trying to start it up. i get an error that says "ink counting mechanism disabled"?

Anyone know how to get past this so that i can purge my jets or fill them with solution or anything?

All the inks are full and none of the chips are blinking. I am completely lost.:frustrated:

Last edited:

Mspec

you have a hard error from within the electronics assembly. I have seen this error clear after a few reboots in some cases, but if it will not you are most likely looking at having to replace the electronics assembly.

When you reboot the unit, power it down, unplug it from the wall, and with it unplugged flip the power switch on. Leave it like that for 5 to 10 minutes, then turn it back off, plug it in, and restart the printer. If you do this three to five times, and still have the error you will need to setup a service call for it.