• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colorspan 72UVX Printhead Issues

Dbeck

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively inept with this machine so with that said, I'm having issues with my 72UVX printer's black printheads. I've done numerous standard and performance purges, kept the vacuum pressure at or around 5.60, and I've replaced the print hoses and filter (the ones that are directly in front of you when you take off the carriage cover off). I did a Full Auto Bidi calibration and found out that my black printheads were not capable of performing any level of print quality. I'm assuming that I need to replace the printheads. If anyone could direct me to what I need to troubleshoot before ordering new printheads, please let me know. And if I need to order new printheads, can I order four of them just for the black.

drive

Did you try switching head cables? Switching eg; cyan and black cables at the printheads and see what the output is