• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Common sense over book smarts.

Locals Find!

That common sense link was a good read. I couldn't help but thinking though without people not using common sense or the simplest solution we wouldn't have such cool toys. Like pens that write underwater, segways, or my personal favorite the calculator.

John L

I love that stuff. After discovering a blowout, no jack, and a sloppy trailer wheel bearing I jacked it up with a 2x4 prop to change the tire and I drove 900 miles Sunday evening with a Dixie Cup / electrical tape dust cap. I've also made it 2000 miles on a driveshaft duct taped back together.

We should have a "cleverly rigged" thread.

Attachments

• image-1592673312.png
    image-1592673312.png
    883.6 KB · Views: 83

Craig Sjoquist

One favorite I had to deal with, after getting a radiator leak, and no way to replace or proper repair. Took out my knife carved up some small pieces of wood placed in holes drove for 2 years sold car still not leaking.