• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer Advise

I would also recomend calling Casey at Signburst.com. He is great to work with and his systems are awesome. They are cost more that you could build one for or buy one at a box store but they are night and day difference in what Casey give you. I was hesitent at spending the money but I have had my for almost 2 years and have not regreted spending the money once. I will call him again when it is time to buy my next one.

choucove

The computer that you linked to from Amazon is a gaming computer. There are big differences really in a gaming computer and a design computer. There have been several discussions in the past on this and how the computer needs for design work require a different "focus" of hardware on certain aspects which isn't always the same as with computer gaming. Now, that's not to say that CyberPower computer isn't powerful enough to do what you are wanting necessarily, but it may not have the right quality and performance components where you really NEED that performance. For example, most gaming computers focus their largest chunk of cost on the graphics card. In a RIP production computer, that's not near as important as say a solid storage system based on high quality hard drives and plenty of RAM.

I own a custom computer office and we do quite a variety of systems including the design systems for my dad's sign business. I will echo what others have stated above and suggest you contact to Casey at Signburst if you are looking into new systems. They have the right quality and the right hardware support to make for a professional workstation instead of a semi-decent gaming rig. It's best to spend a little extra now and get what you want and what you need then have to spend it all over again all too soon because you didn't get what was right the first time!

SignBurst PCs

Thanks for the kind works gentlemen. Please give me a call anytime and let me know that you found SignBurst™ computers on Signs101.com! I am always more than happy to help out if I can.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep. Gamer and "consumer" computers are not business class computers.

1st choice - SignBurst
2nd choice - mid range or higher (T3500, 690, 7400 etc or higher) Dell Precision

Both are true workstation grade components. However if you are looking for more of an out of the box solution the SignBurst is the way to go since they build theirs specifically aimed at better performance for this business. A Dell (or HP) Professional Workstation is going to cost a lot more to beef them up to the same amount of ram or adding things like solid state drives unless you are very savvy at sourcing the components after the fact from other places to get the best prices. While I do not have one ourselves, I have seen them and for most in the business I'd suggest going the SignBurst route.

10sacer

You can screw around or you can call Casey and be done with it. Price here isn't your concern. If you are doing alot of wraps with large files that you don't particularly want to have disappear for no reason - then get a computer that is designed to do what you need it to do.