• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer Issue . . . Ready to Committ Computer Murder !

Replicator

This is AAG's personal computer, doesn't access the internet much, no kids on it, was running fine 2 days ago, and now . . . . Pic's below.

I've already ruled out the monitor, but not the video card although I don't believe it's the video card.

I've run combofix.exe in safe mode as a precaution for viruses but nothing was fixed, can't find a virus on the system at all.

WTF? :frustrated:

HELP ? :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1938.jpg
    IMG_1938.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1939.jpg
    IMG_1939.jpg
    841.6 KB · Views: 161

Dice

Well the good news is it's definitely a video or monitor problem.

Do you have another monitor that you can hook up to make sure it's not a monitor problem?

Here is what i would do, progressing to the next if it doesn't fix the issue.

• Hook up another monitor to make sure its not the issue
  • Install the latest video driver
  • Replace the video card
  • Throw it against the wall

Replicator

UPDATE :

Indeed it was the graphics card, a shi**y little ASUS EN8400GS.

I replaced it with a NVidia GeForce 7950 GSX that I had laying around and BAM!!!

It as good as new . . . Thanks for the replies !

trakers

Did you swap the older card back in? Many times the connectors (which are gold plated) still get oxidation which an cause the exact issue above.

Find an old school pink eraser (No the new kind that feel almost slippery and can actually leave a residue) but the kind from when you were in grade school. Use it to lightly scrub both sides of the VC connector and you may find that fixes your issue.

If you don't have an old school eraser, just plug and unplug the old VC a dozen or so times, sometimes that fixes the issue too.

Replicator

The NVidia Card was an extra card I had laying around, so I'll just leave it in the computer for now . . .

Thanks for the replies !