• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Condition of Dampers LEJ-640

r2d3henry

Hey all, I've been having an issue with my yellow running out near the end of a print (4'x8') and had the technician replace the yellow dampers on the unit. He said he used a syringe but I never saw him do that. Before I start replacing everything I took out the dampers and took pics. The cyan and magenta look like there is no air in them and they are "tight" whereas the yellows that were just replaced have air and look wrinkled. Sorry for not knowing the correct terms I'm just describing them as I see them. Should they have air in them? Printer is a ROLAND Lej-640

Attachments

• image2 (1).jpeg
    image2 (1).jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 205
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 83
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 90

FrankW

Are there really white dampers with transparent sides at an UV-Printer?

Regularly a little bit air doesn‘t matter.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ideally a damper should be about half full but it's very common for them to be completely full especially on older dampers. It's also more common if you use a bulk system for them to be full. Be careful taking those dampers out for too long as well. Exposing them to light for too long could clog them.

Joe House

Are there really white dampers with transparent sides at an UV-Printer?
They normally have a foil sleeve over them to keep the light out. If you look behind the dampers that he's showing (especially the yellow one) you can see that the others are wrapped up tight.

r2d3henry

Thanks guys for all the info. Replaced dampers on the yellow and after pulling some ink(just at halfway mark) through on the new ones it prints perfectly. Yes they are clear plastic on the whites as well(tho I don't print white)