• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Considering the switch to latex, Who's done it and Whats your thoughts

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
2 570s, 1 Roland XR640 & 1XC540 here. We run them all, the 570s do get the lion’s share of the workload currently for many of the same reasons posted above. It’s a love/hate relationship but a bit more on the live side.

altereddezignz

Completely new tech in the Sx0600 range. Inks are much less harsh on the heads. Spoke directly with Epson techs before buying ours. They've only done one head replacement so far... that's not a bad run imo.
We haven't had ours long enough to have any more than a weekend of down time, but the printer will do a quick automatic 3 minute maintenance cycle upon boot of a Monday morning and head tests all come up clean.
We have also been very lucky with our iPF8100. Only on to its 3rd head in 9 years. Still printing like a champ.
The tech lied to you lol. The date you posted this mine and 6 others prior ti mine had to have head replacements. Mine they replaced both heads at the same time and then changed one of the heads again. They have now replaced the printer. Still have slight banding on 8 pass non on 12 pass..