• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Construction Company Logo

jholtman1234

Hey guys I was wanting some honest opinions on the logo I am creating. Obviously its a construction company. The client want's something with a simple feel and with a arc to it he doesn't like simple artwork and text like 90% of logos today. This will be a sign for out front of his company. It will be used for alot of marketing and signage. Also when it comes to substrate for the business road sign should I use wood or something like alumacor??

:unclesam:

Attachments

• metzilogo1.jpg
    metzilogo1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 156

Malkin

For inexpensive I would use DF Alumalite, rectangle shape. For a nicer look you could do painted MDO (or HDU) cut to shape. Raised lettering for an even nicer look. Install 2 SF signs onto 2 posts.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Your outline is off.

The sharp edges are not adding anything.

Too much space above "METZINGER"

The type may be too stylized.

zmatalucci

construction doesn't pass the squint test
(just the beginnings of an idea)

Attachments

• metzilogo1 copy.jpg
    metzilogo1 copy.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 136

jholtman1234

I see what all you guys are saying! The outline was drawn from a sketch this is a mock-up. I will put up the finished with corrections tomorrow. The Font though is Guardian closest one I have to what I drew. Mosh totally agreed with spacing will correct that! I can't tell though mosh did you put some embose on the one you attached? thanks guys for the pointers 2 eyes are always better than one!!! Well in this case 10 Eyes are better than one!

Todd-sta

Zeth mocked up what I was going to suggest: The "Construction" needs to be a thin, sans-serif, with ample inter character kerning - like he is showing you.

I'd definitely ditch the extreme 'points' on the sign shape... and add some more space on the sign blank around the bottom so that 'Construction' doesn't feel so cramped and packed in.