• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Content Exchange

Jim Hill

I always enjoyed using Content Exchange in Corel X 8, and then they removed it from X-8
It's interesting that content exchange is now included with Corel 2020

Just another move to milk every penny out of their customers until they sell out again to another private equity firm.

I had purchased my version of X-8, and I was very happy with it so I did not upgrade to the 2020 version because it seemed crazy to me to pay a few hundred dollars more plus paying a monthly fee for something I already own.

It all about getting every last penny out of their own users.

Jim

WildWestDesigns

Keep in mind, these programs are a few decades old now that have gotten on the subscription bandwagon.

It truly is getting to the point to where the huge major features to get people to buy are less and less. Sure bug fixes may get done in a more rapid pace (for some programs), but that's apart of just maintaining software, not really innovating with software (that's probably going to be a touchy subject for some).

As was mentioned in another thread, it's all about the "you will own nothing and be happy". Now the irony is with closed source software, never really owned it, but just had a more forgiving license, but the point is the same.

Brave new world, at least it better be.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
According to John Kerry if we don't fix the climate in 9 years or less our subscription to Earth will be canceled.
No need to upgrade if it is all going to go dark in the near future.