• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Contour cut misaligned.

Artworkinmotion

I am using a Puma III 132s 52" vinyl cutter with a Mutoh 1324 printer. So the contour cut starts out nicely on The right with a 1/16 outline contour cut. As the vinyl cutter. Travels further to the left the contour starts to cut into the back of the row of images. It's so weird. Why would the first cut be ok but then all the others start to be off the further out the cutter Travels. Is it the file that is not laying out right?, is it the Printer that is not printing right? Doesn't make sense. I could see if everything is shifted from the right to the left but this is not the case here.
4dbb7a60d75c01380efef12ae14352c6.jpg
225b19fede419586780ce6cca67efd67.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

IsItFasst

How old are the machines? My hybrid machine was doing this and got worse and worse over the years. Replaced the wheels and it fixed it. Tracks awesome now.

Artworkinmotion

How old are the machines? My hybrid machine was doing this and got worse and worse over the years. Replaced the wheels and it fixed it. Tracks awesome now.
I have had the PUMA III for four years now. I have not used it all that much because of the issue. I Definately will look at the rollers to see if they may be the reason.

henryp

You are printing then cutting on two separate devices, make sure the output size is the same on both the printer and the cutter. Some RIP programs like SAI will have an output compensation function for each device to avoid having this problem.

Artworkinmotion

You are printing then cutting on two separate devices, make sure the output size is the same on both the printer and the cutter. Some RIP programs like SAI will have an output compensation function for each device to avoid having this problem.
Thank you henryp, I will Definately measure both and look at output size compensation and give it a try. Iam using SAI Flexi and see this feature in Production Manager .

henryp

That will be easy then, print a 30cm x 30cm box on the printer then measure the actual output size and enter the measured size on measured size tab and SAI will automatically compute the compensation factor. Do the same on the cutter, cut a 30cm x 30cm box, measure the actual cut size and enter that size on the measured size tab. Make sure you tick the Enable Output Size Compensation box for each device

Artworkinmotion

That will be easy then, print a 30cm x 30cm box on the printer then measure the actual output size and enter the measured size on measured size tab and SAI will automatically compute the compensation factor. Do the same on the cutter, cut a 30cm x 30cm box, measure the actual cut size and enter that size on the measured size tab. Make sure you tick the Enable Output Size Compensation box for each device
Awesome. I will give that a try. Thank you