• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting FC7000

WVB

We just picked up a FC7000-75 and since we do not do in house printing, I was wondering how I could go about having the wholesale printer print the registration marks Graphtec requires and do the contour cutting in house..? I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, FlexiSign Pro and can use the Graphtec software if need be. I did contact Graphtec but have not heard anything back from them as of yet...

PMG

if you set the file up with the contour ..send him that file,,then when you get the print back..send the contour cut only...simple as that. I do it for a customer of mine all the time he sends me his file and i send him the print and he cuts it..we both have the same cutters so thats a plus.

CES020

One key point to know is that if they print them, they have to put a certain margin around the registration marks. I recall my first attempt. I had it printed, tried and it gives the error message about not finding the marks. Tried and tried and tried and couldn't get that to work.

Finally read the manual, taped a piece of white vinyl on the edge so it would read it correctly, and it worked fine. But there is a certain distance it requires and if you don't tell the printer that, they can sometimes cut it close and not leave the required amount, and your machine won't ever pick up the marks.