• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Conundrum

DonMeads

Hey all, I am trying to do some color matching through Onyx swatch books. I made a file in illustrator with the named spot color - I printed and measured swatches in Onyx Swatchbooks until I found the correct recipe - I loaded that recipe into my Color Matching Table / Print Mode defined colors (same media/mode that I printed the swatches with) then loaded my .pdf from illustrator and the color coming out of the printer does not come close to matching the color from my swatch. Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? Onyx is picking up the spot color from the file - I tested this by making it all black instead of the red I'm trying to print. The media/modes are the same from swatches to print file. I am using the default quickset in both the swatches and print file.