• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Copyright Notice Examples

sjm

The "contemporary" art that was supplied to us, by the chain, originated from a design/ad firm as best we can tell. It didn't appear to us that a fabricator designed it based on some oddball "designer added accessories" that made no sense as a final product. When we submitted our proposal for the interior sign package because they are seeking a new vendor, they asked if we would like to bid on this display as well. We of course said yes, and they gave us the concept drawing of what they had in mind. No hard specs, just so big, by so tall, by so deep, and it needs to do this, that and the other. So we took those specs, and as we started figuring out how to build what they designed, we started developing a new design concept, better engineered, and more in line with the interior store decor. So that new better concept is what we are wanting to protect since its very unique in its construction and use of materials. Does that long winded answer give you what you were asking for? LOL :supersmilie:

So you haven't actually been awarded the project?

G-Artist

If I am so wrong please show me the authority a state court, at any level, has to hear
a federal intellectual property case. Should I hold my breath?

The way I read H.R. Rep. No. 1476, 94th Cong., 2d Sess., at 131 (1976) is that is says the following:

On and after January 1, 1978, all legal or equitable rights that are equivalent to any of the exclusive rights within the general scope of copyright ... in works of authorship that ... come within the subject matter of copyright ... are governed exclusively by this title. Thereafter, no person is entitled to any such right or equivalent right in any such work under the common law or statutes of any State.

The United States district courts have exclusive subject-matter jurisdiction over copyright cases. See: 28 U.S.C. § 1338

Tell me again how my advice sucks...and the name of the lawyer who gave you your advice. If you paid for that advice, ask for yor money back.

My IP lawyer's name is Mark Grossman (look him up) and I don't need him to tell me the federal courts have EXCLUSIVE jurisdiction in copyright cases.

cptcorn

adad
If I am so wrong please show me the authority a state court, at any level, has to hear
a federal intellectual property case. Should I hold my breath?

The way I read H.R. Rep. No. 1476, 94th Cong., 2d Sess., at 131 (1976) is that is says the following:

On and after January 1, 1978, all legal or equitable rights that are equivalent to any of the exclusive rights within the general scope of copyright ... in works of authorship that ... come within the subject matter of copyright ... are governed exclusively by this title. Thereafter, no person is entitled to any such right or equivalent right in any such work under the common law or statutes of any State.

The United States district courts have exclusive subject-matter jurisdiction over copyright cases. See: 28 U.S.C. § 1338

Tell me again how my advice sucks...and the name of the lawyer who gave you your advice. If you paid for that advice, ask for yor money back.

My IP lawyer's name is Mark Grossman (look him up) and I don't need him to tell me the federal courts have EXCLUSIVE jurisdiction in copyright cases.

A company I used to work for, and before I worked there, was taken to court on copyright charges by a large racing suspension company, that everyone knows. This was handled in the local court system. If you look hard enough you could find the county court records since it's in the public domain.

I wasn't getting at your's, bob's or my, interpretation of the law. I was more getting at if you paid someone to advise you this way, its clearly easy to see that they are wrong.

G-Artist

What year was that?

After 78 it wasn't lawfully an IP case. I have no idea what you are referring to but it could have
been a case where PHYSICAL property was stolen (photo's, drawings, etc.). That is a
state jurisdiction issue.

I can't understand how you can cling to your misconception when the truth and the law
is clearly presented.

Attachments

• image002.gif
    image002.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 86