• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw and Printers

DPD

I seem to remember that some have used CorelDraw to cut vinyl or send a file to a LF Printer. I don't typically use CorelDraw because I'm using FlexiSign for sign design but ya'never know when you'll need it. Does anyone know how CorelDraw can be setup for Graphtec plotters or HP Large Format printers? Thanks.

WildWestDesigns

As far as printing goes, 24" seems to be as "wide format" as one can go without needing a program like a RIP to help out.

As far as going direct to a plotter, I think that there have been some changes to Corel to were it isn't as simple as just having the OEM plotter driver and then go to File > Print and selecting the plotter as a "printer" and go from there. Now, one is going to need to setup the plotter as an HPGL printer (preferably a RAW HPGL printer if the printer is able to take that RAW format and parse what it needs). It's fairly easy to do on Linux (as in via GUI), which is a good thing as there are no OEM drivers for plotters on that system. I don't know how easy it is to do on Windows however. As I started doing things in this manner after I stopped using Windows systems.

That's about as good as it seems like it's going to be for trying to do things strictly within DRAW without the aid of a plugin and/or dedicated program.