• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help corel to signlab

firesignman

I was forced to up-grade Signlab 5 to V10 in order to operate in Windows upgrade from XP.
Not happy with a lot of the changes Engineers made to V10, since I am Old School. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
After Signlab FINALLY got Corel 16 to send directly HOT Key to Signlab, I have problems on and off.

NOW, I get prompt Hot Key not installed. called Signlab and they want $299 for a year or $79.00 for single call to address. Tell me it is probably a Corel issue.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME With this problem. Many Thanks in advance. Firesignman in Tennessee

d fleming

You haven't upgraded SL since V5 but have Corel 16? Wah wah. lol. Sometimes my Corel 12 will not copy/paste hotkey quite right into SL8p/c and I have to export. I keep a junk file for it. Either an eps or an ai seems to do it. Hope that helps.

Bert Wondervan

I was forced to up-grade Signlab 5 to V10 in order to operate in Windows upgrade from XP.
Not happy with a lot of the changes Engineers made to V10, since I am Old School. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
After Signlab FINALLY got Corel 16 to send directly HOT Key to Signlab, I have problems on and off.

NOW, I get prompt Hot Key not installed. called Signlab and they want $299 for a year or $79.00 for single call to address. Tell me it is probably a Corel issue.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME With this problem. Many Thanks in advance. Firesignman in Tennessee

SignLab v8.0 is the best option for Windows XP.
Version 9.1 and v10 are for Windows 10, 8, 7.

d fleming

Yep, Still on 7 just so I wont have to upgrade SL on computer, front office is on 10 and my wife hates it.

firesignman

You haven't upgraded SL since V5 but have Corel 16? Wah wah. lol. Sometimes my Corel 12 will not copy/paste hotkey quite right into SL8p/c and I have to export. I keep a junk file for it. Either an eps or an ai seems to do it. Hope that helps.

I was very comfortable with v5. I am using educational version of corel 16 which was very discounted

WildWestDesigns

I had to upgrade to Windows 10 with new computer after XP computer crashed. SL 5 would not work with 10 so bought SL 10...I hate it too.

Whenever there is a legacy version of a program that I'm wanting to run and having a newer OS precludes running it, I try to get a computer that can handle VM'ing the older OS and software. Cost a little bit more as the computer essentially has to handle 2 OSs at one time, but it allows legacy software to be able to be useful (depending on how things are activated etc, if those servers are down, then it could be no bueno still).

Bert Wondervan

Which version of SignLab v10 do you use? SignLab print and Cut or SignLab Cut pro or Vinyl Pro version?

Neil

I had to upgrade to Windows 10 with new computer after XP computer crashed. SL 5 would not work with 10 so bought SL 10...I hate it too.
Hate what too? Win 10 or SL 10? Or both? (probably)

The thing with Signlab is, you have to set up your toolbars and pallettes to suit you. Then save them as default.
The rest is easy. Learn your keyboard and mouse shortcuts.

Having said that, I'm totally happy with SL v8, so I don't know about SL v10.
I have my own custom made profiles (printmodes), workspace, workflow that suits me.
And Win 7.
And I feel no need to change either.