• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coroplast Sign Pricing...

Jeremiah

During the onset of the covid outbreak, I was doing yard signs for seniors. I made a cool $5000 doing 1 or two at a time. I had priced them right for individual consumers to gobble them up 5 at a time. I even got a school with it. We did custom orders and it was a nice boost to our sales. During that time I learned a lot about choroplast. One of the local UPS shops got a big order from a school. The only problem was he didn't have a printer to do the order, so he asked me to do them. When I saw how many there were, I gave him a good price on them. I was actually going to outsource them to a flatbed guy I work with. Turns out they were all going to each have a different photo on them, so the price went up. Suddenly the UPS guy said no go. WTH did he expect? He needs to find his OWN guy to work with. Plain and simple, that's 3 different people touching it. I wish the school would have come to me directly, I would have given them a better price. But, they see UPS and think that must be the best deal.
I have dealt with Realtors. They are the worst in the sign industry. They want everything at a deep discount. Sorry, no go. They can get their stuff online cheaper than my cost.
I do coroplast signs for customers but it looks like my accounts are shaping up to construction guys and roofing guys, house flippers, drive by birthdays and small schools needing custom signs. I'm ok with it. I'll make my money off of graphics for vehicles. ALL...DAY...LONG.
I'm curious, what is your good price for a 18 x 24 coro ? I do one for someone, but nothing gets done for under 25.00 . Even if it says happy birthday jane . I never have a verbal complaint. Am I too low.....

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm curious, what is your good price for a 18 x 24 coro ? I do one for someone, but nothing gets done for under 25.00 . Even if it says happy birthday jane . I never have a verbal complaint. Am I too low.....
I know it depends on the market. I did it for $20 singlesided. The other sign co's in the area do it for that as well. People were adopting seniors and buying 5-10 at a pop because it wasn't breaking the bank. You have to remember, people suddenly got thrown into "OMG I don't know how much money I have to survive". Because people weren't working. People could afford $20. Several people told me they were grateful for the pricing because many tried to gouge.

Jeremiah

Good idea. If the Senior us Adopted, does it affect their Social Security? How does that work adopting an adult ?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I know it depends on the market. I did it for $20 singlesided. The other sign co's in the area do it for that as well. People were adopting seniors and buying 5-10 at a pop because it wasn't breaking the bank. You have to remember, people suddenly got thrown into "OMG I don't know how much money I have to survive". Because people weren't working. People could afford $20. Several people told me they were grateful for the pricing because many tried to gouge.
This is exactly what I did. I had a template and just had to throw a pic in and change the name. Most took about 2 minutes. I had 3 templates with 3 price points. One was with a photo $20, one with just the name $15, one just a general sign with senior well wishes $12. I also sold 2'x4' banners with photo and name for $45 - I sold A LOT of banners and I'm still selling them as people have grad parties. I put 1-2 orders in per week to Signs365 and put everything in my pickup area, all the invoices were paid from my website or I sent them electronically since I was not to be open to the public. This kept my bills paid and Geneva is right, people were GRATEFUL for the pricing, many thank you's!