• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coroplast

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
The question is what are you going to do with them?

Generally, if we're running a job that large, we run it on 48x36" sheets and shear it down (Screen) or 49x98" sheets (Digital).

You should be able to buy that all day long for mid to high seventies. Let me know if you can't find it. We can help. gene at firesprint dot com

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

ChicagoGraphics

I`m thinking of opening a new business selling pallets of coroplast & aluminium composit panels and other sign materials that are not either used or hard to get in the US. Im in the process on figuring out the logistics now on the best way to ship to the end user while offering free shipping. My next step will be getting a merchant membership on Signs101

FireSprint.com

Like going head to head with Grimco? ...This will be challenging, they are HUGE.

Still, I would love to hear your ideas on this. Feel free to email me to discuss.

jfiscus

Rap Master
The problem with competing with Grimco is that they will discount their product and even lose money to put a competitor out of business.
Once the competitor is gone/absorbed the price raises for everyone.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Grimco is so wishy-washy on their pricing and policies, I don't know how any business can rely on them.

But in your case, it would be nice to have more vendors who offer oversized materials like 50x98 coro or acp.

FireSprint.com

Grimco is so wishy-washy on their pricing and policies, I don't know how any business can rely on them.

But in your case, it would be nice to have more vendors who offer oversized materials like 50x98 coro or acp.

Yes, we try to buy from them but have found the same issue. Very inconsistent. I think the decisions are made top down with little feedback from Frontline sales people.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Yes, Grimco material is not very consistent, trying finding a local supplier that buys directly from the brand coroplast, they should have dealers around your area. That way you will be able to find the best quality coro.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
As the old saying goes...

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall"

I'm always up for a good challenge!

i think the biggest problem is grimco has 48 locations. local to everyone.
even a logistics company like worldwide can give you discounted rate for ups/fedex/freight
but they still take a hefty bite.

my largest client has 70 tractor trailers/day in & discounted rates going out through logistics companies, but they are only 30% cheaper than what i can pay(and, by comparison, I SHIP NOTHING)

ChicagoGraphics

The problem with competing with Grimco is that they will discount their product and even lose money to put a competitor out of business.
Once the competitor is gone/absorbed the price raises for everyone.

But for how long you think they do that for?

Jeremiah

But for how long you think they do that for?
I have to admit that I did something like that . I set up my kid with t shirts in a fair booth. Big booth 10.00 -12.00 shirts. Over 1000 shirts in the booth. Sales were great. Then another guy who was watching our sales. Opened up a 100 shirt booth across from us. 8.00 for "seconds" printed. I made a banner 2 for 12.00 . It took 4 hours and the guy who was selling seconds cried Uncle. Closed up and left. I would only do that at a fair. I never lower our prices on signs in our shop. I might throw something in with the deal, but never lower my prices at the shop. Customers who are business owners usually know quality vs cheap junk