• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Creating Full Escalator Cling Graphic Template

Andrew Hodgson

Hi, I am wondering how I can get measurements for an escalator cling. I am mainly concerned how to get the measurement for the curved part at the top and the bottom. What methods can I use to get accurate measurements for curved areas?

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 3.50.50 PM.png

Jester

Slow is Fast
Could you print oversize and then cut to fit during installation? Either by cutting over a strip of masking tape on the glass, or using knifeless tape.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Piece of phototex and a grease pencil. Stick it on the panel and trace the outline/shape. Measure a vertical distance and a horizontal distance and draw that on there also clearly. Put the phototex back on its backer and head back to the shop. Stick the phototex on a flat wall and stand back and get a straight-on shot. Trace the shape in your favorite vector program and scale to match the measurements.

Andrew Hodgson

Piece of phototex and a grease pencil. Stick it on the panel and trace the outline/shape. Measure a vertical distance and a horizontal distance and draw that on there also clearly. Put the phototex back on its backer and head back to the shop. Stick the phototex on a flat wall and stand back and get a straight-on shot. Trace the shape in your favorite vector program and scale to match the measurements.

This sounds like a good method.