• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creative ways to make money with CNC

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
In my opinion you’ve gotta find a niche or have customers already that would buy the products you’d be making with the cnc.

There are a lot of cheaper laser cutters that can cut small scale stuff like acrylic flush cut templates that people use to make cutting boards and stuff like that…you’d be competing with them with stuff like that so it’s not worth your time.

Just like with vinyl cutters, if you have a big one and you make bigger stuff you eliminate the possibility of competing with people who only have the smaller cutters. If you have a decent sized CNC machine utilize that cutting area and make things the smaller cutters can’t.

JBurton

Signtologist
By the way, speaking of making money in creative ways, have you ever explored something like solitaire cash? Sometimes, these unexpected avenues turn out to be pretty interesting. Anyway, CNC machining has such potential for innovative ventures. Anyone here got some cool CNC money-making tips to share?
great-scott-great.gif

AndreaRotela

Congratulations on your new CNC machine! There are plenty of creative ways to make money with it. Here are a few ideas:

1. Custom Woodworking and Carving: Use your CNC machine to create custom-designed furniture, home decor items, and personalized wood carving designs for customers who are looking for unique and custom-made pieces.

2. Sign Making: Offer custom sign-making services for businesses, events, and individuals. You can create signage using various materials, including wood, acrylic, and metal.

3. Prototyping and Small-Scale Manufacturing: Collaborate with entrepreneurs and inventors to produce prototypes and small-scale production runs of their products using your CNC machine.

4. Custom Engraving: Offer personalized engraving services for items such as plaques, awards, gifts, and promotional products.

5. Art and Sculpture: Create intricate and detailed sculptures, art pieces, and other decorative items for sale in galleries, art fairs, and online.

6. Restoration and Replication: Provide restoration and replication services for antique or vintage items, such as intricate woodwork, architectural details, and decorative elements.

7. Educational Workshops and Classes: Teach CNC machining workshops and classes to individuals who are interested in learning how to use CNC machines for their own projects.

and more...

AndreaRotela

Don’t buy it if you don’t know what to do with it unless it’s a dirt cheap Chinese rig.
Oh, what an old pattern. China is cheap. It's not always that way anymore. The Chinese are starting to make some pretty good appliances. And you should know that my global brands have factories there and produce parts and products there, because labor is cheaper in China, and components are the same.

JBurton

Signtologist
Ya know what, my mind has been changed. Evidently I have outdated thoughts on what is cheaply made. The chinese products are all superior to our western counterparts, the fact that they break faster is just a testament to their swiftness in all things.
Happy Chinese New Year everybody!

Vassago

Lol.. China isn't cheap.. They produce to a price. If you want excellent products they'll do that.. If you want cheap products.. No problem.. They'll do that as well.

Tormach for example - American company.. Chinese products.

If a manufacturer uses a DMG to make a product.. Does it matter where in the world it's made?