• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS 5.5 Font question!!!!

rcook99

I am loading CS5.5 on my system after a Ransomware attack. What I am looking to find out is do I have to load the Adobe fonts on my system and if so what is the best way to do so. I have an extra disk that is Titled Adobe CS5.5 Content and Installation help. It also says "For use with Design Premium or Web Premium. I am primarily a Corel user not an Adobe user but it does come in handy in certain situations.

When I open PS I don't see any of the fonts on the other CD listed if I try to change the font on a name or word. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
RC

oksigns

If it is something like Font Folio, that is a separate install. If it is like Type Kit, then the installed fonts should be recorded in your cloud preferences. I am assuming this is a standard install package; that would be a separate install from any other adobe program. Fonts are not attached to the standalone products.

rcook99

If it is something like Font Folio, that is a separate install. If it is like Type Kit, then the installed fonts should be recorded in your cloud preferences. I am assuming this is a standard install package; that would be a separate install from any other adobe program. Fonts are not attached to the standalone products.

This is not a cloud version, when I look at the CD it has multiple folders of different languages. When I open the English folder it shows two folders listed as Documentation and Goodies. The Doc folder just shows how to load it on your system. The Goodies folder has a folder of Adobe Fonts and I don't see them when I use PS. Even if I type a word and want to change the Font it only seems to show a couple adobe fonts and I believe the rest may be Microsoft or Corel fonts. Also if I try to TYPE the specific font in to change it the fonts don't show up in PS that are in that FONT folder on the other disk. Some do and some don't show up.

Forgive my ignorance as I am not very good with PS. LOL

Thanks,

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
There isn't anything like Font Folio or Typekit involved with CS5.5 or any other version of Creative Suite for that matter. The application installer will install some or all the fonts that come as bonus goodies with the applications. The fonts are available in a folder on one of the installation discs.

I have a copy of CS5.5 Master Collection. I wasn't very impressed at all with the amount of fonts included with it. Very paltry offering actually. Typekit with Creative Cloud membership completely blows it away.

A couple older versions of Creative Suite had an Adobe-specific folder for fonts that weren't shared with the rest of the computer system. I remember CS2 doing this; I just had to find the folder to see which fonts were in there and then find the same fonts on the discs to install directly into Windows.

The Goodies folder has a folder of Adobe Fonts and I don't see them when I use PS. Even if I type a word and want to change the Font it only seems to show a couple adobe fonts and I believe the rest may be Microsoft or Corel fonts. Forgive my ignorance as I am not very good with PS. LOL

You'll have to install these fonts directly into your computer's OS using Windows' own font manager or a 3rd party font manager like Bitstream Font Navigator.

rcook99

There isn't anything like Font Folio or Typekit involved with CS5.5 or any other version of Creative Suite for that matter. The application installer will install some or all the fonts that come as bonus goodies with the applications. The fonts are available in a folder on one of the installation discs.

I have a copy of CS5.5 Master Collection. I wasn't very impressed at all with the amount of fonts included with it. Very paltry offering actually. Typekit with Creative Cloud membership completely blows it away.

A couple older versions of Creative Suite had an Adobe-specific folder for fonts that weren't shared with the rest of the computer system. I remember CS2 doing this; I just had to find the folder to see which fonts were in there and then find the same fonts on the discs to install directly into Windows.

Bobby, I have attached 2 pictures of what is on the other disk. It shows the fonts some of which show up and some don't. Is this all the Adobe fonts your talking about on the Cloud version? Also any idea of how i can make sure they are all on my system. Keep in mind I am starting fresh do to a virus so now is the time to get it done. LOL

I am running Windows 7. Going to upgrade once I double check to make sure Signlab 9.1, Corel X-6, Wilcom ES3 and any other program works with newer windows versions.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 122

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Adobe has far more fonts available via Typekit than they have ever offered on any previous version of Illustrator, Photoshop, PageMaker, etc. or any Creative Suite package. Previous boxed software contained only fonts Adobe sold in their own type library. Typekit licenses typefaces from many other foundries and it is periodically adding new and popular faces. Typekit won't completely take away the need to buy new typefaces from MyFonts or other sites, but it can cut down on some of it though.

As for the fonts shown in the disc's fonts folder, Adobe does not necessarily install all of those typefaces when you install a copy of Creative Suite. You just have to examine the fonts you see show up in the font menu and compare that versus the fonts on the DVD-ROM disc. If you see something on the disc that isn't installed and you like the typeface then use the font manager of your choice to install it. I usually copy all the fonts from such discs into a font collection folder on my computer's hard disc drive and install from there. Sometimes Windows can be an idiot and install fonts without copying the fonts into Windows' fonts directory. It sucks if it just makes a short cut to the font on an optical disc.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Go to that folder on the CD, "Select All", Copy, go to your windows font folder (usually C:/Windows/fonts), paste.
If they're already installed, then it will ask you if you want to replace the ones that are already installed.