• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Decals as Grid

lknmedia

FC8600 - It has to be something simple I am missing. I have a bunch of rectangular decals to print and cut. I want to butt them up and cut them as a grid instead of having the cutter cut each one out individually to save tons of cuts. I cannot see how to do this other than setting the entire job up in Illustrator.

Is there a setting in CM4 or Onyx that will accomplish this without having to build it out as one job file?

I also have a Summa T2 if anyone knows how to do it on that.

petepaz

don't you have to add your cut lines in illustrator regardless?
we use versaworks and rasterlink for our solvent printers and we have to add our cut lines in illustrator before bringing them in to the rip so i would just make a grid as you call it

signheremd

If I understand you, I think you are trying to do away with overlapping cuts. If so, when you send to CutContour, go to the third tab, the plotter knife with a + symbol, and select the box that says "Eliminate line segment overlap."