• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

APCInk

Merchant Member
Full disclosure - main reason for this post is shameless self promotion, however with that said, I do think that this video does a pretty good job of explaining the process of full cut & sew sublimated apparel production, which something we often get a lot of questions about.

For a little background; other than the fabric cutting, all of this was shot live during a recent demo day we did at Mimaki NJ. I feel like this is an important point as there's sometimes a perception that cut & sew sublimation is "too difficult" or something that can "only be done overseas". The printing, pressing and and sewing was all done live and we were able to hand out completed garments to attendees while they waited. We can't really take credit for the efficiency of the sewing as we brought in our friends from Brooklyn, NY's Infinite Wave Inc for th, however if outsource sewing is a service you need let me know and I'll put you in touch with them. They have quick turn-arounds and make a quality product.

Printed on Mimaki TS55-1800 at 600x600 2-Pass, running out of ErgoSoft V16 RIP. The intense colors (which many mistake as Fluoro inks) come from using the "Named-Colors" feature in Ergosoft - Basically for certain colors we are bypassing the profile and defining specific ink formulas for the printer to run, resulting in very pure, vibrant colors and gradients.

Apologies for the horrifyingly slow transfer press in this video - it's not what we would choose for production purposes, but Mimaki NJ already this unit in their showroom just for the purposes of sample making so it's what we used.

Any questions or comments please post 'em here or DM us.

Thanks for watching

- DM

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
That was actually really cool to watch. Do you guys offer this as a contract service? I get customers asking for it occasionally and don't have a vendor for it. If not, perhaps you have a customer of yours who does that you can connect me with?