• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Studio, CorelDraw & Clip Art

Escritar

I imported a clip art image from the CoreldDraw 9 Clip Art Library Disk. I added some lettering and sent it to Cut Studio. The lettering showed up in Cut Studio just fine, however, the clip art showed up in Cut Studio as a blue rectangle.

The clip art file was a CorelDraw file (a vector image), not a bit map file. I did bring the clip art file into the CorelDraw file I was creating by using the import utility in CorelDraw.

I'm using CorelDraw X3.

Please explain what I did wrong to cause the clip art file to show up in Cut Studio as a blue rectangle instead of as the actual clip art image I thought I was importing?

round man

often as not when folks import vector art into corel they just use the "eps" import filter nd then place the resulting selection within their file,....the problem here is corel will import the same "eps" file in two completely different manners ,...If one uses the "eps' file filter corel will import the file as a bitmap placed within a vector file,thus the only vectors in the file are the outlining square containing the "tiff" file preview for the vector file,...if one uses the postscript interpreted file filter you get the vectors without the binding box outline and only the vector outlines you wish to cut,......the way to be sure about this is to click import in the file menu and then choose the ps,prn,eps-postscript interpreted option from the files of type drop down box below the filename,.....just importing the file as an eps-encapsulated postscript type file will give you the box with a bitmap you describe above