• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting Master 4 - "Duplicated, Convert to Curves, Delete"

BVG

Fresh installation of CorelDraw 2020 + Cutting Master 4 (Ver. 4.4) on our new production computer and I'm getting some strange behaviour when we launch the registration mark plugin.

It's going through every object in the file and doing a "duplicated, covert to curves, delete". Not just on the selected objects on our cut layer, but every object in the file.

I've tried going through and making sure everything is converted to curves already, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyone run into this before? Never happened with our previous setup and it's killing our workflow - it can take 20+ minutes to process all of the objects and open the registration mark window.

Forty One

Ther4e's a lot of posts around stating various issues of CM4. In particular any version above 3.7.
And it isn't limited to just Corel. Ai have various issues.
EG. I run Ai CC2019 on the production computer, connected to my Graphtec.
I upgraded to CM4 version 4.3 (?) and it wouldnt read any specific cut lines. it only showed a square.
I too rolled back to 3.7 and all is good.
In short, if it ain't broke....

myront

CorelDRAW is best
One could write your own macro to create the Registration Marks without the use of the plugin. I use one for our registration marks. That way it can be done at any pc without the need for the plugin on every workstation. You can still use the plugin for any other functions. Just need to know what the end result is when the plugin works correctly.

Do the registration marks have a specific name, specific settings i.e. outline color/thickness. Are they on a layer that gets created. Does a "cut layer" get created too?

My macro creates a cut rectangle around the selected then creates the same reg marks that the plugin would do & also creates a reg layer with a specific name. Then creates a "CUT" layer and done. I then can add all the shapes cut lines with "my designated color". As a backup, if I forget or miss moving the cut lines to the cut layer, I have a macro that will search through the entire page and move any cut lines that are "my color" to the cut layer.

Last edited: